CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 19, 2007

What Kind Of Learner Am I?

*How do you learn best? Visually (watching videos or reading), Auditory (listening to lectures or discussions), Kinesthetic (simulations or making or doing something). What can Mr. Coyle do help you learn most effectively in our classroom?
- I learn best as a visual AND Kinesthetic learner. For Visually, I LOVE watching movies but, I don't especially like reading. I don't like to read a book unless it's somewhat mystery or a series Series for me let me know that I will be able to read more of the kind of books that I like once I am finished with it and I can enjoy more of it. I love reading into a book though. Seeing and imagining the scenes in my head. And you can't even imagine how much I love watching movies. If I have nothing else to do, it's BAM let's watch a movie. So that's partially why I think I am a visual learner. But, I am also a Kinesthetic learner because, especially in Science, I love to get up and move around to really know what it feels like to do the actual thing. You can't just put a piece of paper in front of my face and expect me to know everything just by reading it. And making things help me learn a lot better as well because then I know the structure of the object I am making. I am not so much of an auditory learner because I cannot be sat down and listen to something. I can never take anything in when I am in that position. But, class discussions and debates I can live with. Those kinds of things get hot and the discussion grows bigger and bigger.
- Mr. Coyle can help me learn better by doing more hands-on things in the classroom. Or by making power points. Power Points help me learn a little better than how I normally learn. But the main thing he can do to help me is to reduce the amount of lectures that he plans on giving. Lectures go through one ear and out the other in my world.

0 comments: