CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 16, 2007

My Gang

*The ”Gang” plays an important role in Ponyboy’s life. Describe who your “gang” is and why they are part of it.
- I believe my gang are the 'Greasers.' But it is not because of their hair, or the way they dress or because they carry a switchblade- I certaintly don't. So why do you think it is?
It's because they are who they are. They don't care who knows it. I don't care what people think of me as long as I have my friends/gang. They wear what they want and I do too. And, each person really has something to represent themselves. And I have something that represents me. I am whacky, crazy, and I love to goof off. The 'Greasers' love to play/kid around and they keep their hairstyles the way they are. They don't change something about them to earn respect from another gang or jyst outside human beings. I wouldn't change myself to make more friends. That would only leave me with none because I would have lied to my new friends about who I really am, and then my old friends will have thought that I am a totally new person. So changing yourself is just going to leave you with nothing and I think that is why the 'Greasers' like to be themselves.
I know that a main part of the 'Greasers' is their appearance, heck that's why they call themselves 'Greasers' but I know that they need to want to be a 'Greaser' in order to really be one. And I want to have friends and that means I need to be a friend. So I really do think that I am a 'Greaser' from the way I act like them.
But remeber, you don't have to look like somebody in order to be them or be friends with them. Ortherwise, you know almost everything about them and then it's just no fun. You need to be yourself which is why I am a 'Greaser' and proud to be one. But of course, I am not one in real life, just hypothetically.

0 comments: