CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Why We Should Keep WOW

We should keep WOW for many reasons:

My first reason is that we can learn a lot from where we go and what we do. For example, when we went hiking up in the mountains on the first day, we were able to see how other people lived. Me and my friends (Kiara and Rebecca) , we were thinking how good we have it and comparing what it must be to live up there than in our houses. The only things that they really eat is what they grow on their own land. It shows that we can compare and contrast not only in classrooms, but in real life situations. WOW is important because it does help us grow as people and we learn that not everything is going to be perfect in homes. And nobody is able to have the same life.

The second reason that WOW should stay is because we learn how to live together as a team. if we have to live in the same tents and in the same camps with people that you sometimes that you don't like, that may be useful later on in life. For example, if your boss in your job tells you that you have to do a paper (or whatever you have to do) with someone that you absolutely despise, having this characteristic will help you get through that and you will know how to handle it. For example, I was in a camp with a few people that I thought were immature and I thought that I could just avoid them, but then as we started to do more and more activities together, I was getting really annoyed. I just told myself that I should find a way to handle this situation better and that I should learn to live with it. So as the time went on, I just ignored parts of what they did and I only looked at the bright side of things. So that characteristic is a key and I know that we can work on it in groups but different settings is another thing. You have to be able to work anytime, anywhere. Whether it's out on a nice, relaxing river or in a hot desert in Rajasthan, you have to be able to work there.

My final reason is that we will appreciate what happens there. It may not be right then and there, but later on, you will appreciate it and say that you were actually able to experience something that good. You will appreciate nature and probably even more obvious is that we will miss our homes and the people we love. That can even help our home life. Such as, when I got home, I was so happy, I appreciated that I was home, I was with my dad and that I was back to what I was used to. However, at the same time, I appreciated the beautiful surroundings that were all around me and that I actually existed in that spot at one point and time.

However, don't forget that making friends and being better friends was a key. That really helped people along with what they were doing and you got more support from your peers.

So all-in-all, having WOW really helps people grow and even become more mature.

1 comments:

Farah Weannara said...

Grace,

I COMPLETELY agree with what you say. WOW does help us grow more mature. It does help us take care of ourselves for the future.You did a wonderful job with this post! =D