CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 30, 2007

1866

Dear Diary,
After the Civil War the “Negro” foundation did not find it necessary to have the women vote. They didn’t give us the opportunity. I find this to be unfair and I plan on fighting and fighting. I will not give up. This event in this year has inspired me to help us women with whatever it takes. Whatever it takes. I will fight.

1868

Dear Diary,
I am now the editor of The Revolution. As well as being that, I founded, along with my fellow leaders, The American Equal Rights Association. I am very proud that I have given people the chance and the opportunity to do what they deserve. Founding this organization has made me feel like I have accomplished something and I feel very supported by the fact that I have people standing next to me, fighting through this. My dear friend Elizabeth Cady Stanton has been fighting alongside me through this whole period of time.


1869

Dear Diary,
Since I have been talking about women’s rights in this diary for almost five years, I believe that I should bring this talk to the next level. I think that abortion is a major topic that must be discussed. Abortion is unfair and unjust. Because the men do not want to have any children does not mean that we must give up our baby when a new life could be born. It is too unsafe, risking our health and life to get an abortion. I blame the men and laws. Why should we suffer, and the baby, if men don’t want them? Making us women do something when we cannot speak out is a disadvantage. We should, and I repeat, we should not be pushed around by men. We deserve our rights, we can do as much as men, if not greater things if we got our rights. I might use this diary entry as an argument to the public and government for my fight for women’s rights. If I write it down, I might as well speak it. This could possibly stop the killing of women with abortion and then I could save not one, but thousands of lives with this one argument.

1872

Dear Diary,
I attempted to fight that the Constitution already said that women had the right to vote. So, Rochester, New York was where I decided to cast a test vote on the presidential election. However, I was found guilty, but I didn’t want to pay the fine. No-one could make me and no-one tried to make me. I will keep fighting and not give up until I have passed away, and by then I hope that women’s rights will be given to us, but not just that, equal rights.

0 comments: